MathJax

10 April 2012

Realizing that I have to change

Good teachers find what works in the classroom and stay with that.  Great teachers know that what works one year may not work in future years.  This year, I realized that I have been merely a good teacher.  I want to become a better one.  This blog will chronicle that journey. 

 I must acknowledge my debt to other teachers who have inspired me to use different means to reach my students.  The high school teachers  Frank Noschese , Rebecca Howell, and Brendan Noon have given me good examples of using web-based tools to good advantage.  The university professor Rhett Allain has given me many good examples of using the video analysis software package Tracker (though I have not forgiven him for beating me to writing about the physics of Angry Birds).  I hope I can equal their contributions to physics education.


No comments:

Post a Comment